Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How can I get into robotics/computer programming before college?

I'm 14 (about to become 15), and have pretty much narrowed my career choices into two major categories: biochemistry and computers (more specifically, robotics or programming). I know that there is almost no way to get near a lab for biochemistry until I'm 18, and by then, I'll probably have started applying to colleges. Fortunately, I know that there is a way to get into robotics and programming before I'm 18, and maybe I can even get an internship in a couple of years. Unfortunately, I have almost no knowledge of any programming language. I've looked into Microsoft Dream Spark, but as of now, it's not available to high school students. I was wondering what resourses there are to learn about a couple of common languages (e.g. Java and C++) and to possibly get a part-time job/internship (pay would be nice but not necessary.) I live in outside Philadelphia and a few minutes from Princeton, so I hope there are some camps or workshops someone could point me to. Thanks in advance!

How can I get into robotics/computer programming before college?
Do you have a robotics or computer club at your school? Join it or if you don't have one, get some friends and ask your computer science/math/physics etc. teacher to start one with you.





Check out Andrew's Leap at Carnegie Mellon
Reply:Dear


I think you have a creative mind so I would suggest you to go for Engineering, that will be best for your career.....


No comments:

Post a Comment