Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Need advice for a programming career.?

I'm condsidering getting into computer programming as a new career but I'm not sure where to start. I took programming classes in college and I used to program quite a bit as a hobby, but it's been a while done any of it. What programming languages would I need to learn to actually be marketable? I have knowlege in Pascal, Ada, and C++, but it's been a few years since I've actually sat down and programmed anything. Also once I have the skills in place how would I go able getting a job in the industry. I'm currently working as an accountant and going back to school isn't really an option for me. I'm not old by any means (I'm 30), I've just realized that I was never happy working as an accountant and now would be a good time to persue something that I've always wanted to do.

Need advice for a programming career.?
C++ and Java are the hot languages now. But code monkeys are all overseas and taking those jobs. For a programming career, you would want to be the architect to make it in the USA. Instead of focusing on C++ or Jave (certainly learn both of them well), Concentrate on Object Oriented Design (OOD). Everything in the marketplace is code resuse, and OOD fits perfectly in there, be it Java, C++, C#, .net ...


No comments:

Post a Comment