Thursday, July 9, 2009

Integrating a java program into a C++ app?

I have written a fairly intensive java app. It has worked well enough so that my boss wants to distribute it with another program written in C++. Is there a way to run the java inside the C++ app?





p.s. I know nothing about C++, that program was written by some other guy who knows nothing about java. I was hoping this isn't impossible so that they don't end up converting my program into C++, that situation ends with me losing my job.





Thanks

Integrating a java program into a C++ app?
Yup, you can do this using something from Sun called the Java Native Interface. However the JNI isn't exactly the most easiest thing to learn and is quite complex. You can read about it here


http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/techno...





If you don't want to go through the effort of learning an entire framework, you could try having the programs run seperately and use something like sockets or streams to communicate with each other.
Reply:Rather use socket to communicate. If it is that serious issue, may be you can talk to c++ and java expert at websites like http://askexpert.info/


No comments:

Post a Comment