Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What qualifications do I need to start working as a C++ programmer?

Is there a course in the UK that only teaches C++, if not is there at least one that only teaches programming languages?


Ok, basically what I'm trying to find out is: what qualifications do I need to start working as a C++ programmer? I’ve browsed the Internet looking for job descriptions, but all I’ve found is that companies only look for "experienced C++ programmer" (which makes me think, how did these guys start?) and "qualifications in software engineering" (could it be more vague?) are a must. I then tried to find appropriate courses, but the ones I find are either unreliable (I'm looking for a recognized qualification) or they are too broad (e.g. "Computer Science" courses).


I am currently studying Business Management (at a degree level) and I will hopefully graduate in 2009. I haven’t done any studies in computing, I just learn C++ at home (with Sams Teach Yourself).

What qualifications do I need to start working as a C++ programmer?
Best bet is to take computer programming courses at your college/university to get formal training. Do you have an adviser or counselor? They should be able to point you in the right direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment